Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2019 Round Up

2019 was an interesting year for me in business and my personal life. I spent the first half of the year trying to figure out my life with a colicky baby, a rambunctious 2 year old and a workaholic husband while battling post partum depression. I did a lot of investing in my business. So much that it made me anxious. I ain't used to debt or being in the red. But I finished strong and I didn't die. So I am alive to tell the story.

Fancy Life Accomplishments
  1. Survived 3 months of colic
  2. Overcame postpartum depression
  3. Got my husband to take over handling dinner
  4. Got approval to increase frequency of housekeeping service
  5. Decluttered my house
  6. Made a little bit of money off of selling my kids' baby gear
  7. Lost over 30 pounds
  8. Created a self care routine
  9. Maintained a self care routine for 7 months
  10. Produced breast milk for 12 months
  11. Set personal boundaries to maintain sanity
  12. Maintained said boundaries
  13. Removed a curse from my bloodline
  14. Renewed my spiritual journey
  15. Enjoyed my husband
  16. Found a school for my son
  17. Loved on my family
Fancy Free Hair & Skin Accomplishments
  1. Got my back office in order
  2. Established more automated systems
  3. Hired 3 new employees
  4. Fired 2 employees
  5. Hired a marketing company
  6. Figured out the voice of my brand with the help of a marketing company
  7. Rebranded the look of my products
  8. Added a seasonal scent milk to the roster
  9. Added two new products to the roster
  10. Added 3 new deodorant scents to the roster
  11. Added 2 new product kits to the roster
  12. Hired a social media management company
  13. Fired a social media management company
  14. Hired a second social media management company
  15. Fired the second social media management company
  16. Lawyers on deck to clap back on raggedy second social media management company when they tried to pursue payment even after being raggedy
  17. Added two retail stores
  18. Added one more wholesale buyer
  19. Hired a business tax accountant
  20. Increased revenues by 35%
  21. Increased spending too (typing the percentage increased hurts my feelings)
I'm far from my goals but I am making progress. Progress is important. Typing it out like this made me realize how much I was able to accomplish with a baby strapped to my back and a toddler hanging on to my legs. There were definitely days that I cried. But there were also days that I felt like I could conquer the world. Just know, when I cried, it was only for like 5 minutes. Then I wiped my tears and got busy. Crying is therapeutic, it's a release. Just don't live in a state of sadness where you can't be productive. 

I learned that being vulnerable makes me strong. I learned that it's ok to not be ok. I learned to listen to my intuition. I learned to look inward, to my ancestors, and upward, to God. I learned to be in the moment and pause sometimes, especially when it comes to having fun with my children because business building will always need my attention but they will not be little forever.


Shameless Plug Alert:
Fancy Free Hair & Skin manufactures quality products for hair and skin, as well as provides natural hair consults for women who would like assistance on their natural hair journey. Our motto is "Keeping you fancy and free of chemicals." Visit our website, www.fancyfreehairandskin.com, to see a full range of our products and services. Sign up for our mailing list to receive natural hair tips and stay up to date on sales and the latest happenings with Fancy Free.





No comments:

Post a Comment