|There isn't a place on this earth that hasn't been impacted|
Me: You know that starting a direct sales business is what opened my eyes to living as an entrepreneur.
|Award received at a|
Imagine sacrificing a lot of "wants" and being broke for 4 years after buying a house with a pool to only realize that you don't get to actually enjoy the pool because you're AT work earning money to pay for the house with a pool that you don't use. No one ever posed the question to me before direct sales. It was just a way of life that people had succumbed to. I decided that I did not want this to be my life for the rest of my life.
|I really had to "observe" nurses|
administering transfusions, only
for nothing to be done if I wrote
incident reports for mistakes made
I knew that I wanted to retire by 35 but I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to do it. I thought my direct sales business was going to be the path but Jehovah had something else in store for me. Even in 2014, I would have never thought that whipping shea would become my main gig. But here we are.
What Direct Sales Taught Me
- Humble yourself and be coachable.
- Monthly earnings can be as much as an average annual salary. People do it. Average people with no degrees, just a work effort.
- You don't need a job, you just need money.
- Have systems and automation in place so you can duplicate yourself without having to be there.
- You're going to be rejected and laughed at, it's inevitable, keep working.
- Build a re pore. Find out how what you can help relieve a potential customer's pain point. Sometimes you have the answer for sale, sometimes you give a referral that doesn't involved them buying from you....at that time. People respect that and usually come back to buy at some point.
- Don't take it personally if your closest friends and family do not support you. Everyone is fighting their own battles. It's not about you.
- There are reasons and then there are excuses. Be able to recognize when you are making excuses.
- Move on. Just keep moving forward.
- The Law Of Attraction is a thing but you still have to actively market your products. If no one knows about your great product, it's still trash.
While Fancy Free Hair & Skin started "accidentally", I will say that I wasn't completely new to running a business. I honed my technical laboratory skills while running a medical laboratory, but building a business...I got dat from direct sales. Team building, team engagement, professional/personal development, all from direct sales. I learned that entrepreneurship is a mind game and direct sales trained me to continuously adjust to "get my mind right".
Most people who have success with a direct sales company will be successful with almost any other business venture they touch. If you are NOT a business person but want to start a business, start a multi-level marketing business that sells something you like or are interested in. Make sure the team you're on has a good leader that hosts trainings and encourages personal development. If you're coachable, the training will have a lasting impact on your business life no matter where it takes you.
Don't knock it until you try it. If you don't want to join a team, support someone close to you who is building. You have no idea how gratifying it is to get one "yes" when all you've been getting is "no". LOL!
Shameless Plug Alert:
Fancy Free Hair & Skin manufactures quality products for hair and skin, as well as provides natural hair consults for women who would like assistance on their natural hair journey. Our motto is "Keeping you fancy and free of chemicals." Visit our website, www.fancyfreehairandskin.com, to see a full range of our products and services. Sign up for our mailing list to receive natural hair tips and stay up to date on sales and the latest happenings with Fancy Free.