So, you've found THAT guy. He rocks your world, treats you like a queen, and exemplifies everything you THINK you want in a man and a husband. He sets up the most romantic proposal you've ever heard of. Your wedding was a fairytale. You were a good girl, so upon returning from your Caribbean honeymoon you FINALLY move in together. Then, it hits the wall. What do I mean "hit the wall"? The honeymoon comes to a screeching halt because of things you had no idea would bother you. Let me point them out:
1. The accumulation of pubic hairs in the bathroom will not bother him, while it totally grosses you out.
2. He won't understand why you have to make the bed when you're just gonna get back in it.
3. No matter what they say, he expects you to cook and clean even though you have to go to work too.
4. No matter how long he's lived on his own, he does NOT keep house the way you do.
5. He doesn't understand why things should be put away because it's easier to find it when it's in the floor.
6. You will argue about money. How you spend it, how he spends it, a budget if you're low on it, what to do with the extra....on and on and on.
7. You will argue about sex. What turns you on and off. He'll, almost inevitably, say that you aren't having it enough and complain about your scarf and night clothes.
8. Related to #6, figuring how WHO will manage the bills and how to manage the bills will be a nuisance.
9. His video game playing habits, while once cute, will really annoy you. Especially, when you are trying to get his attention or want to have a serious talk.
10. What's important to you is not necessarily a priority to him.
This list could go on and on, depending on you and your spouse. No relationship is perfect but it can be perfect for you if you learn how to deal with your spouse's quirks. It will take time. You WILL argue but be patient and make sure you are communicating with each other. Your marriage is what you make it. Enjoy!