Friday, January 25, 2008

Taking a Step Back

When going through a hard time, I had to step out of the situation to see what was really going on. I realized that I had to make a change in myself in order for change to occur around me. How could anything get better or be different if I didn't change they way I was operating.

So now, I smile more, so I appear more approachable. My "thinking" face was coming off as a mean scowl, which was not my intentions. I think before I speak. I alter my delivery to accomodate my audience. I listen more than I talk. You can't help someone if you don't first hear what they have to say. I don't take things so personal. I've realized that when someone hurts my feelings, alot of times it has nothing to do with me. Most of the time, their response to me is in direct correlation with something they are dealing with inside. I keep my accomplishments to myself, unless I am asked. Something I am excited about and want to talk about may come off as bragging to the person who hasn't quite achieved their own goals. I've learned that everyone is not going to be happy for me and envy is as real as the color green. People come into your life for a reason, season, and lifetime. If the time comes to let someone or something in your life go, let them go. Holding on can only cause more harm than good and block potential blessings. Heck, the blessing could be that they are out of your life. It's their time to go so someone else can come in. Take opportunities as they come and be ready to make opportunities when you can. God has opened so many doors for me. He has given me opportunities that I would have never imagined. These opportunities came because I wasn't afraid to step out on faith that even if I was rejected, His plan is still in progress.

Know that God has a wonderful plan for your life. Things are as they should be and stepping out on faith is the best thing you can do. Our plan may not work out, but God's plan guarantees success. Have a maliable view of success, your success could be different than you envisioned it, but fulfilling God's will is the highest level of success you can ever achieve.

So step back and take a look at your life. Is there something that isn't quite they way you think it should be. What have you done to make change so that your situation can change?

No comments:

Post a Comment